Wednesday, July 9, 2008

EMBRACING THE TRUTH

I'm just as honest as the next guy; in fact, possibly more so than most. Not being told the truth has always been one of my pet peeves...just ask my children. One of the main reasons I hate lies so much is because once told, it calls into question the credibility of all other comments that come from the person who told the lie. At least in my mind, it does. All of that means, I suppose, that I "embrace" truth.

Gotta tell ya, though--there are some truths that I don't WANT to "embrace." I've started walking with my friend at the mall. Does it affect how I feel and how much energy I have??? Uh huh. Have I always been told that exercise gives you energy??? Uh huh. Have I proven over and over again that it's true??? Uh huh. But I don't WANT to "embrace" that "truth!" I want to feel the benefits without doing the walking. Possibly I can "alter" this truth to make it more to my liking??? Probably not??? Well DRAT and RATS!!!

Have I also always been told that what I eat affects the way I feel...that the more carbs I eat, the more I crave carbs??? Uh huh. Do I feel better when I "clean up my act" and eliminate sugar and massive carbs from my diet??? Uh huh. Do I still want junk food and sweets??? UH HUH!!! DANG IT ALL!!! Another "truth" I don't want to "embrace."

I've hit the age when I need to "grow up" and be careful what I put in my mouth. I need to accept the fact that sitting in the recliner blogging on my laptop doesn't count as "exercise." I have to acknowledge that the eggs and milk in homemade ice cream do not make it a nutritional breakfast food. I guess I have to accept that truth is truth is truth, and if I "embrace" part of it, I have to "embrace" all of it. I just need to "bite the bullet" and do what I know I should do. BUMMER...and...SIGH!

No comments: