Tuesday, July 8, 2008

COMFORTABLE

I don't know about you younger folks, but now that I'm approaching my 6th decade of life, I am becoming more and more "friendly" with COMFORTABLE! I used to love a challenge...brainstorming and working my way through problems was a "rush." Bring on those "new and improved" items! Let's figure out a new and more efficient way to do things! Now, however, I'm joining the camp of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Just let me reside in comfortable familiarity.

I have a new laptop. It is a thing of beauty, it is. It also weighs a ton, it does...but that is fodder for another post. It will do all sorts of things that I didn't even know existed. That part is ok...I don't mind slowly expanding my horizons. Don't want the old brain cells to die! But why, I ask you, did they feel obligated to change the things that were WORKING PERFECTLY WELL on my old computer??????

Apparently "save" and "save as" are no longer "in Vogue." If I edit a picture, I now "make copy of" it and type in a new name...processes handled perfectly well by "save as." Perhaps it is trying to save me from myself. Trying to prevent the destruction of my original. Well I'll have them know that I already took care of my originals. Never, never touch my originals. Nope, nope, nope. I'm not sure yet if it forces me to make this new copy of any edited picture, or if it will just let me overwrite the old file by closing it without changing the name. Whatever is happening, one thing is for sure...it won't happen by SAVING it 'cause that option doesn't exist.

I think I'll like this new creature...but there will be some grumbles and mumbles along the way. I've always hated the phrase "but we've always done it this way." But...perhaps we could use it JUST THIS ONCE!

1 comment:

STQ said...

Hi AC, I agree about the "making things easier" deal. Usually just makes it harder!! What is wrong with leaving well enough alone, anyway? :) Love to you...CS