Saturday, August 4, 2007

Someone once told me that the older they got, the faster time seemed to pass. I thought that was absolutely absurd!!! Now...years down the road...I see the truth in their statement. I've blinked twice, and June and July are both gone...and I have no idea where they've gone.

It's been a good summer. Weather here in Texas has been amazing. It's been rainy and in the 80's the majority of the summer so far. As far as I'm concerned, that is absolutely heavenly!!! It's headed back to the mid 90's this week, against my wishes!!!

Andrea will be home for a few days week after next. It will be wonderful to see her!!!! Alyson will be going to Seattle in a couple of weeks to find an apartment and hopefully a job. She'll be moving in September.

I've been working on pictures of relatives lately. We had a Cousins' Reunion in June and that got me in the "thinking about family" mode. Even though I'm an only child, my mom was one of 9 kids, so there are quite a few of us cousins.

I've had a wonderful time taking pictures of water lilies this summer. The cooler weather has made it enjoyable to be out taking pictures. Here is my favorite of the latest batch of pictures. I call it "Under A Sheltering Wing." Would love to have comments from anyone still reading the sporadic posts here. If there are still any readers, I'll try to do a better job of posting more frequently.

August hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey I know exactly what you mean about the time speed thing. It is kinda scarey how the years are clicking by. I will be 48 in december. so at this excellerated rate, I should be 50 by next march...yikes.