That would be the morning after spending the evening chatting with my laptop about its behavior. After multiple hours, and redoing a big chunk of the slideshow I'm working on, I have come up with a few ASTUTE OBSERVATIONS:
1. Computers converse on their own terms.
2. Software programs do not adopt the mission statement of "I can do anything that is thrown at me."
3. Software programs also do not read their own manuals, nor, aparently, do they have access to a dictionary. Their concept of "delete" is sadly lacking!
4. Shortcuts are NOT always shorter!!!
5. Apparently the "mission" of my Slideshow Program is NOT to "make my user happy."
- ► 2008 (60)