Sunday, February 24, 2008

FEBRUARY HAS ZOOMED BY

I firmly believe that time has sped up. 60 minutes just does not last as long as it used to!

All is well here. Would you believe yesterday's high was 84!!!! The thing that makes that totally weird is that yesterday was the rodeo parade. I have lots of memories of rain and COLD on rodeo parade days...and that was when the rodeo was still held in March. There was one year that it was so cold that the band director let the kids wear gloves for marching (something she NEVER allowed), and she let them stay on the bus until it was time for their band to begin moving. They were also having trouble that year with the lips sticking to the metal instruments. OUCH!

They have changed our rodeo to a two weekend event. I've been intending to look up the schedule in case the urge hits me to go take pictures of the stock show, but I heard on the news last night that the kids are showing the animals this weekend, so I'm guessing today is my last chance for that, and I'm in the middle of another project and probably won't feel the tug of "photo ops" strongly enough to leave it. (How's that for a nice long sentence!)

Hubby has a bad cold. He has even resorted to taking Tylenol and Benedryl, and he RARELY takes a pill. I offered to go help him this morning with the sound at church, but he said he can cover all of it without any problems. I made him take a bottle of Purell so he can sanitize his hands after he blows his nose.

My walking buddy and I walked on Monday...first time in 2008. We were amazed at the change in the Mall since we were last there (right before Christmas). Taco Bell has closed, the eyeglasses place near Beall's has closed (they were 2 really big corner stores), and there are several walls in front of what used to be stores. Dillard's and Chick-Fil-A and Penney's seem to be the only ones with really good business. hmmmm...well, perhaps the cookie store, too. There is a fast-food Chinese place now, but I almost never see anyone eating their food, so they may not last too long.

Circuit City has also closed. Best Buy seems to be doing well, though. I'm expecting REX (electronics) and Big 5 to close, but they're hanging on so far. The one thing that always seems to "make it" here is a restaurant. Apparently cooking isn't the favorite pastime of a large number of residents of our fair city.

Leave a comment when you get a chance.

Lovies and huggies to all!

No comments: