Wednesday, June 25, 2008

HEAT

How's that for a generic subject!!!!

Silly me...saying that I was going to start blogging right before Vacation Bible School and a visit from our younger daughter. Apparently a few brain cells escaped just before I wrote the last blog entry; they are still missing.

Now, to tie this eloquence to the title as all good authors/authoresses should do, let me just say that even though we have had 15 days of triple digit heat so far, we are free from triple digit temps this week. In fact, we have had a "cold spell"...all the way down to 95. I have been pondering buying a new sweater!

My niece just moved to Las Vegas. I fear I must report that some of her brain cells are already warped. She has joined the "club" that promotes the fallacy that "105 isn't too terribly warm when the humidity is low." Honey...trust me....I'm about to turn 60 and have lots of experience under the old belt (and let's not mention how much surface area there is in that belt)! I feel it is my duty to inform you that 105 DEGREE DAYS ARE HOT!!!!!! I don't care if the humidity is a minus 49 1/2...it is still HOT! Now, granted, it may not slap you up side the head and hang bricks from your body, but it is still HOT!!!!!!

Lemonade and A/C, anyone??????

No comments: