Monday, October 15, 2007

WOW...WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?

WOW I knew I hadn't posted in a while but had no idea it had been a month since I've posted anything new. I'm so sorry. Any of you who are still reading this...thanks for hanging in there.

Life just seems to have slipped into fast forward. The first weekend in October was our church's big Harvest Festival...the big fund raiser for the year. I fixed some of my photography in magnetic photo holders and was excited that quite a few of them sold.

The College Crazies program that I do at church which keeps up with the kids for the first 5 years after they graduate from high school is up and running. Andrea designed a special card for our first mailing, and that was exciting!!!

Andrea now has a job. It isn't full time, but it's the job she wanted...pays well...and has health and dental insurance. She is the new graphic designer for Bethany Community Church. She is loving it so far. She's also working with the high school group and is enjoying that.

Roy has had dental surgery to plant the anchor for a new front tooth. It was so funny. He seemed so coherent when we left the oral surgeon's office...and for the rest of the day. Next day I mentioned something to him about his follow-up appointment, and he had no clue what I was talking about. The day of the surgery was pretty much blank in his memory. Andrea and I had a good chuckle about it because she and Alyson both did strange things without any memory of them the next day when they had their wisdom teeth extracted.

Alyson is doing well. She's been working lots of double shifts trying to save up some money. I don't know where she gets her energy.

I have a new toy!!! I finally broke down and ordered the camera I was wanting. It took beautiful pictures of the water lilies on Saturday, but I apparently still have lots to learn about taking pictures in the sanctuary at our church. The ones I took Sunday were too dark (and they shouldn't have been!!!!).

Would you please put my cousin Judy on your prayer lists. She fell last week and broke her hip and is having complications.

After having below average temps all summer, we are now having way above average temps. It's still in the mid to upper 80s here. It is, however, supposed to cool down next week. We did have an unexpected shower last night which was wonderful!

I'd better hush before I wear out your eyes.
Much love to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: