Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR



GROUP HUG TO WELCOME IN 2008!!!!!


Happy New Year, Everyone! It's always hard for me to believe that the old year is gone and a new one has arrived. As always, the old year seems to have gone by in a blur.

I don't usually make resolutions, but there are a couple I'm pondering very seriously this year. How about those of you who read this blog? Are you making any resolutions this year?

We had a nice trip to Seattle to be with the girls during Christmas. All travel was uneventful which is most definitely the best kind. Our younger daughter and her roomie were wonderful hostesses. They had a beautiful tree, and it was nice to sit and enjoy the lights. We did a lot of sight-seeing, a lot of picture taking (that's Cathye who took the pictures), a lot of restaurant visiting (YUM, YUM, YUM), and a lot of present opening. Santa was more than generous, as always. We opened gifts at Alyson's apartment and cooked Christmas dinner at Andrea's. After we ate that evening, we played games for a while. I love to see the girls laugh.

We enjoyed seeing where both girls work. We had a chance to visit Andrea's church both on Sunday and on Christmas Eve. I really, really liked the pastor's sermons! The two restaurants where Alyson works fed us royally. Food was great in both places.

The weather wasn't too bad. We had a wide variety of weather...some rain..a bit of sun...lots of clouds...some wind...some really cold days...and some fairly nice days. The rain was mostly drizzle so it wasn't too bad.

My favorite event was taking the ferry to Bainbridge Island on Saturday and eating at a little Pub there. Andrea's roommate and her boyfriend joined us which made it even more fun.

I was surprised at how long it took my body to get used to the time change. In fact, it was time to come home by the time I was used to it. I must admit that I slept most of the day after our return, but then I had to jump head first into a big project I'm doing for church which needs to be finished by Friday. Have I known about it for a long time? Uh huh But...I just couldn't get "the spirit to move" until we returned. It's nice to have it almost under control now.

We also have a Christmas party to go to on Thursday...for the church staff. That is always fun. Seems like there's also something this weekend, but right now I'm not remembering what. (shocker)

I would love to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lovies and huggies,
cat(h)(ye)
p.s. It's supposed to be 12 degrees tonight! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

No comments: